There’s been a lot of talk about what to post / what to do / what not to do with your social media during this strange new time, so I have put together a few pointers to consider,
Some tips for managing social media in the current Coronavirus crisis
- Pause and reflect- prepare a statement for your customers. Check all scheduled social media posts with a coronavirus lens i.e. travel companies aren’t posting a “get away from it all” style of post, posts need to be “real time” sensitive.
- Tackle Corona Virus head on- don’t let it be the white elephant in the room. Put out an official statement on policy and post it on all your channels, and indicate how you can be contacted.
- Continue running your social accounts – but be mindful of strategy, messaging and tone of voice.
- Be more human- share the behind the scenes stories of how you are all managing in this crisis, use more live video, let business owners show up more on social media.
- Add value – talk about any measures that you are doing that are helping the bigger picture. It helps build communities and trust, but be genuine and NOT salesy about this.
- Pin your CoronaVirus policy to the top of your Facebook page.
- Keep on top of messages, reply to notifications etc.
- Don’t go silent on people, let them know how to contact you at the moment and when they can expect to get a response.